How to Make chocolate coconut cream eggs
Just because eggs are associated with Easter, doesn't mean making chocolate eggs is only a holiday affair. You can enjoy them all the time. So watch this video recipe to learn how to make chocolate coconut cream eggs.
These little bites taste just like the famous candy bar with almonds. Creamy chocolate eggs with a decadent coconut filling are fun to make and even more fun to eat. Hide them for an Easter egg hunt but don't forget to hide a few for yourself.
Makes About 2 Dozen
* ½ stick butter, softened
* 4 oz cream cheese, softened
* 1 lb confectioners sugar
* 1 pinch salt (1/8 tsp)
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1 bag flaked sweetened coconut (7.5 oz)
* 12 oz good quality dark chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate chips
* toasted whole almonds
1. Mix the butter and cream cheese together in a large bowl until combined
2. Add the confectioners' sugar, one cup at a time, salt, and vanilla. Mix well
3. Add the coconut and mix until well blended
4. Use a small cookie scoop or teaspoon to form balls of the mixture and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place the balls in the freezer for at least 20 minutes to firm up
5. Remove coconut balls from the freezer. Wet hands slightly with cold water or lightly coat them in confectioners' sugar. Form each ball into an egg shape and place them back onto the parchment. If they need to firm up again, place them back in the freezer for 10-20 minutes
6. Press two toasted almonds onto the tops (or in the middle) of each egg before placing in the freezer
7. Set up a double boiler to melt the chocolate. When the chocolate is ready, dip each egg completely into the chocolate and place on waxed paper
8. When the chocolate has hardened, serve or store in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy!