In this cooking HowTo video Ellen Pruden features a winning carrot cake dessert using heart healthy canola oil. She actually prepares this carrot cake as cupcakes and top them off with a maple cream cheese icing. Watch to learn how to prepare this recipes.
Carrot cake ingredients:
1 1/2 cup canola oil
2 cup sugar
2 cup flour
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 cup grated carrots
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Mix together canola oil, sugar and eggs. Add dry ingredients. Fold in carrots, raisins and nuts. Pour into a canola oil greased 12 x 9 " pan. Bake at 325 F for 25-30 minutes.
Maple cream cheese icing
1/2 cup unsalted butter
8 oz cream cheese
4 cup icing sugar
2 tsp maple extract
2 Tbsp milk
Cream together butter and cream cheese. Gradually add in icing sugar. Add maple extract. Thin with milk, 1 tbsp at a time, if necessary.
Let cake cool and then spread Maple Cream Cheese icing on top.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades