Titli Nihaan shows us how to make Date and Walnut Cake.
The ingredients are 200 g. of pitted dates cut in half, 100 g crushed walnuts, 100 g of brown sugar, 100 g of white flour, 100 g butter, 1 tsp. baking power, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmet, 2 tsp. honey and 2 eggs.
First, cover dates with boiling water to soften them. Soak for 10-15 minutes.
Cut up butter into pieces in a medium bowl and add sugar. Cream together. Add 1 egg to softer and beat with whisk. Add second egg and beat together with whisk.
Add 2 tsp. of honey. You can substitute the honey with golden syrup. Whisk into mixture.
Sift in flour, baking power, cinnamon and nutmeg. Fold together.
Add walnuts when blended well. Add dates and fold in.
Use an 18" loaf pan and grease and line with baking paper. Make sure the baking paper is one continuous sheet that has handles on each side to make it easy to pull the cake out when it's baked.
Pour in cake mix and even out in loaf pan.
Bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees C. After that, turn oven down to 160 degrees C for 35 minutes.
Once done, pull out cake using baking paper handles, cool on tray and serve.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades