Apple pie is one of those timeless, classic American comfort food dishes that'll always be gobbled up at the dinner table no matter what. But a big problem with such a delicious pie is that greedier eaters will eat more pie more quickly than slower eaters, which causes upset.
Solve this problem by making this fried apple pies emblazoned with crosshatched sugar glaze.
In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Fried Apple Pies. These are also referred to as Baked Apple Turnovers. (Note: You may use any fruit that you like for pies; it doesn't have to be apples. You may also make these any size that you like!)
4 fresh, firm Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced (You may use any tart, firm apples. This will make enough apple mixture for about 4 dozen 3 ½-inch apple turnovers.)
Pre-made refrigerated pie crust circles (Each pre-made pie crust circle will make nine 3 ½-inch turnovers. Or, you may use homemade pie crust dough of your choice.)
½ cup water
½ cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
Betty's All Purpose Sugar Glaze
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades