Watch this how to video as Canadian Living magazine prepares a classic oatmeal drop cookie recipe with a special party twist. Bookmark the cookie recipe for your next kids' party or baking day.
Ingredients for oatmeal cookies:
1-1/2 cups (375 mL) rolled oats (not instant)
1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp (2 mL) each baking powder and baking soda
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup (150 mL) softened butter
1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
1 cup (250 mL) raisins
1. In bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking powder and baking soda, and salt.
2. In separate large bowl, beat softened butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Mix in flour mixture. Stir in raisins.
3. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls (15 mL) onto baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
4. Bake in center of 375°F (190°C) oven for 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool on pans on racks for about 2 minutes. Transfer to racks; let cool completely. (Make-ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks.)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades