Watch this how to video to learn how to make classic, comforting corn bread for a dinner side dish, afternoon snack or quick breakfast.
These red pepper corn bread muffins are easy to bake and are sure to be a hit.
Ingredients for red pepper corn bread muffins:
1-1/4 cups (300 mL) cornmeal
1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh coriander or parsley
1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
1-1/2 cups (375 mL) buttermilk
2 tbsp (25 mL) butter, melted
1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped sweet red pepper
Grease or line muffin cups with paper liners; set aside.
In large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, coriander, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and butter; pour over dry ingredients. Sprinkle with red pepper; stir just until moistened. Spoon into prepared cups.
Bake in centre of 400°F (200°C) oven until tops are firm to the touch, about 25 minutes. Let stand in pan for 2 minutes. Serve warm or remove to rack to let cool. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 24 hours or wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades