Have a blast while making a delicious treat that's sweet and gooey to eat! Carrie tweaks a traditionally English breakfast item by adding an element of surprise. This recipe will have your friends and family begging you for seconds! Follow along with this cooking how-to video to learn how to make sticky jam scones.
Ingredients for sticky jam scones:
3 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
14 tbsp cold unsalted butter cut into pieces (almost 2 sticks)
1 cup buttermilk
1 jar of jam
turbinado sugar to taste
1. The first step is to have an adult preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Now you're going to take your flour, sugar, and baking powder and put it all together in your mixing bowl. 3 cups of flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt. Now take a fork and mix it all together.
3. Now put all of your ingredients in the food processor. Process the butter and dry ingredients until the mixture looks like coarse corn meal.
4. Add the buttermilk and let the ingredients mix together until the dough forms itself into a ball.
5. Take the dough out of the machine and roll it out.
6. Lightly dust your counter top with flour. You need about one handful of flour. Now spread it out with your hands. Put your dough in the middle of the flour and pat it out with your finger tips into a 1 inch thick rectangle.
7. Fold the edges of the dough over to meet in the middle, covering the jam. Sprinkle the entire "log" with turbinado sugar. Now cut the dough into 8 equal strips. Use a pizza cutter to slice our scone "log."
8. Now place your scones on an un-greased cookie sheet and we'll bake them for 19 minutes.
9. Remove the scones from the oven and then let them cool down for 5 minutes.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.