Prepare this yummy easy vegan chocolate cake
which serves 8. It only takes 15 minutes to prep and 45 minutes to bake.
A very simple cake made with items already in your cupboard. Be ready to shock your non-vegan friends!
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp distilled white vinegar
1 cup water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Mix together until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
I've used brown rice vinegar instead of white in a pinch.
You can substitute applesauce for the oil to lower the fat content, but the texture of the cake may be compromised.
Nuts and/or vegan-friendly chocolate chips make nice additions to this cake.
You may want to flour or lay some parchment paper in the bottom of the pan in addition to greasing it. I sometimes have a little trouble removing the cake.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades