In this tutorial, Angie teaches us how to easily make pie pastry dough. Start with 2 cups of all purpose flour and a pinch of salt. Add in 1 c of shortening to this and use a pastry blender to cut it into the bowl. After you have worked the shortening into the mixture, add in 1 beaten egg and 1 tbsp of vinegar. Next, add in 2 tbsp of ice water and mix everything with a fork until it comes together. Mix in a circular motion, making sure not to over-work the dough. Separate the dough into 2 halves, then wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 15 minutes. Now you can use these for your pie crusts by rolling out and placing into a pie tin!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades