In this video from Gourmet Magazine we learn how to make a Génoise Cake which is a fancy French term for a Sponge cake. Soak eggs for 5 minutes in warm water. Add 6 eggs, vanilla extract and sugar to a bowl. Whisk this. Then beat for 10 minutes with an electronic mixer. Sift the flour onto a piece of parchment paper and spoon into 1 cup. Level it off. Now the mixture should be ok. Lift it and fold it on itself. Now add 1/2 teaspoon salt onto the flour. Now sift flour over mixture in thirds. Incorporate all the flour as quickly as possible. Now spoon 1/2 cup mixture into melted butter, and then add it back in to the mixture. Now put it in a parchment-lined baking pan and bake for 35 minutes. To test if it's done, look for nice golden, even color. To separate the cake from the pan, cool the cake, separate with a sharp knife.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades