Watch this how-to video and learn how to make flawless, homemade pie crust pastry. Also learn how to roll it out for a double crusted pie. Homemade pies will never be the same again with this pie pastry recipe.
Ingredients for pie crust:
3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1/2 cup (125 mL) each butter and lard
2 tsp (10 mL) vinegar
In large bowl, whisk flour with salt. Using pastry blender, cut in butter and lard until mixture resembles fine crumbs with a few larger pieces. In liquid measure, beat egg with vinegar; mix in enough ice water to make 2/3 cup (150 mL). Drizzle over dry ingredients, stirring briskly with fork until dough clumps together.
Divide in half; press into discs. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 2 days. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before rolling.)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades