Change things up and for your next dessert or for an after school snack, try serving banana pudding. Banana pudding is easy and combines the creamy fun of pudding with the fruity flavor of bananas. It's a clever way to sneak in an extra serving of fruit.
This delicious recipe is perfect for banana lovers everywhere.
You Will Need
* 2 c. skim milk
* ? c. sugar
* 3 tbsp. cornstarch
* 3 large egg yolks
* Pinch of salt
* 4 medium-ripe bananas
* 12 shortbread or vanilla-flavored cookies, crumbled
* Whipped cream
Step 1: Simmer water and mix ingredients
Simmer 2 inches of water in a large pot. In a heatproof bowl, mix together the milk, sugar, cornstarch, egg yolks, and the salt.
Step 2: Cook
Place the bowl in the simmering water. Cook until the mixture is thick, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
Step 3: Cut banana
Cut the bananas into thin slices with the paring knife, and then place them into a casserole dish. Pour the hot pudding mixture over the bananas.
Cover the bananas completely to prevent discoloration.
Step 4: Refrigerate
Cover the pudding with plastic wrap and then place it in the refrigerator until it sets – at least 1 hour.
Step 5: Serve
Serve the pudding with crumbled cookies and a dollop of whipped cream.
Bananas contain about 74 percent water.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades