Love to eat but can't cook? Watch this cooking how-to video tutorial to learn a quick and simple dessert. Watch as out hosts show you how to make banana's foster.
* 1/4 cup (Â½ stick) butter
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 cup banana liqueur
* 4 bananas, sliced in half, lengthwise, then halved
* 1/4 cup dark rum
* 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
* Combine the butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a pan or skillet.
* Place the pan over low heat either on an alcohol burner or on top of the stove, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
* Stir in the banana liqueur, then place the bananas in the pan.
* As the banana sections soften and begin to brown, carefully add the rum.
* Continue to cook the sauce until the rum is hot; then tip the pan slightly as you ignite the rum.
* "Brennan's always uses a match to ignite the rum in Bananas Foster. You light the match to the top of the liquid as soon as you pour the rum on the bananas," says Bonnie Warren of New Orleans.
* When the flames subside, lift the bananas out of the pan and place four pieces over each portion of ice cream.
* Generously spoon warm sauce over the top of the ice cream and serve immediately.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades