Try out this basic hot milk sponge cake, which is a kind of egg foam cake, that you can use as a base for any cake art creation. It's super tasty, and you can add anything you want to it. Try it out and see for yourself.
A Hot Milk Sponge Cake is a type of "egg foam" cake – a large amount of the leavening (what makes it rise) is from air that' beaten into the eggs. Similar to a genoise (which depends solely on the air in the batter as the leavening agent), but less risky with the addition of baking powder, making it practically foolproof. Serve this cake filled, frosted, dolloped with whipped cream and fresh berries, or simply dusted with powdered sugar.
Serves 8 to 10
* butter & flour to coat pans (or non-stick cooking spray)
* ¾ cup all-purpose flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* ¼ cup milk
* 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into 2 pieces
* 1½ tsp vanilla extract
* 3 large eggs, room temperature
* 3 large egg yolks, room temperature
* ¾ cup sugar
* Two 9" round cake pans
* electric mixer with whisk attachment
* cooling rack
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades