In this tutorial, learn how to make one of Betty's favorite desserts of all time: Butterscotch Meringue Pie. This recipe is quite simple and absolutely delicious and if you choose not to make the pie crust, it can also serve as a great pudding! Follow along with Betty and serve up this special dessert for your family.
You Will Need:
*1 baked 9-inch pie crust, cooled to room temp
*2 cups light brown sugar
*4 tablespoons flour (heaping)
*4 eggs, separated
*2 tablespoons butter
*dash of salt
*½ teaspoon vanilla extract
*2 cups hot water
Stir brown sugar and flour together.
Add hot water and beaten egg yolks, combine.
Cook slowly over low heat, until thick, stir constantly.
Add butter, salt, and vanilla. Stir.
Cool to room temperature.
Pour into pie crust.
*4 egg whites, at room temp
*dash of salt
*1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar, optional
*8 tablespoons sugar
In a large bowl, beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar (if desired) until soft peaks form.
Continue to beat, while adding sugar, a little at a time, until stiff peaks form.
Gently spoon meringue on to top of pie filling.
Bake in a 300-degree oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Let pie cool completely until you attempt to cut it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades