How to Make "Canneles"
If your looking for something different to serve with coffee or tea, try making Canneles.
- 3 eggs + 1 yolk
- 6 ounces of brown sugar cane
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 2 ounces of butter
- 3½ ounces of flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ dark rum
- 1 vanilla pod split in two
- In a medium saucepan combine the milk, butter and vanilla, and heat until butter is completely melted.
- Then remove from heat.
- In a bowl mix the eggs then add the sugar and honey and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the flour then the hot milk.
- Add the rum . Mix again until the dough is soft and no flour lumps appear.
- Cover and let it rest refrigerated for 24 hours before baking.
- After 24 hours preheat the oven to 350F.
- Butter molds and filled them ¾ of the way with the batter.
- Then cook for 40 minutes. Canneles should be golden brown.
- Remove from molds when ready, and eat them warm.
And Voila you're just made your first canneles.