Stray away from serving up a scoop of ice cream at your next dinner party and take your dessert dish to the next level! In this video, learn how to make a delicious chocolate and Irish cream roulade. To make this recipe you will need about 50 minutes and the following ingredients:
For the roulade:
* 6 medium eggs
* 175g (6oz) caster sugar
* 2 level tbsp cocoa
* 200g bar plain chocolate, melted
For the filling:
* 450ml (3/4pint) double cream
* 6tbsp Irish Cream Liqueur
* 2-3 level tbsp icing sugar
* Icing sugar, for dusting
* 33 x 23cm (13 x 9in) Swiss roll tin, lined with baking parchment
1. Set the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
2. To make the roulade: whisk together the egg yolks and caster sugar until the mixture is very thick and frothy, and a trail is left when the beaters are taken out of the bowl - this is easiest if done in a table-top food mixer.
3. Sift the cocoa over the top of the whisked eggs and fold it into the mixture, along with the melted chocolate. Pour the mixture into the lined tin and level the surface.
4. Bake the roulade in the centre of the oven for about 20 mins, or until it has just set in the centre.
5. Remove the roulade from the oven and then turn it out onto a sheet of baking parchment which has been dusted with icing sugar. Leave the lining paper on the roulade, and cover it with a clean and damp tea-towel to cool.
6. To make the filling: lightly whisk the double cream until it forms soft peaks, taking care not to over-whip it, and then fold in the Irish Cream Liqueur and icing sugar to taste.
7. Remove the tea-towel and then the lining paper from the roulade and trim away any crusty edges from the roulade. Spread the filling over the roulade, and then roll it up, using the bottom sheet of baking parchment to help roll it.
8. Slide the roulade onto a serving plate and dust over a little extra icing sugar.
9. Keep the roulade c
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.