How to Make chocolate chip cookies stuffed with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Who doesn't love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups? They've been a chocolate candy delight since the late-20s, and they're not going anywhere, except maybe in your chocolate chip cookies. Cookies implanted with miniature peanut butter cups would rock any bake sale!
Susan Callahan, owner and head baker of Goodies, offers up her easy recipe that starts with a classic Toll House cookie. After a brief trip in the oven, peanut butter cups are pressed into the cookies. Another 5-7 minutes in the oven and these treats are done. Susan recommends cooling them for 30 minutes before serving, but you may not be able to resist.
Makes 24 cookies
* ¾ cup granulated sugar
* ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
* 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
* 2 large eggs, room temperature
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 12-oz pkg (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 24 mini peanut butter cups
* 24-count nonstick mini muffin pan
* nonstick cooking spray