Chocolate chip (16 Ounce)
Shortening (1 Tablespoon)
Strawberries (1 Pound)
Chocolate covered strawberries
To make beautiful covered strawberries is very simple. All you need is
- 16 ounce of dark chocolate chips, or milk chocolate if you prefer,
but today we are using dark chocolate chips,
- 2 tbps of shortening, approximately 1 pound of fresh strawberries with leaves
- and some toothpicks.
Now make sure that the strawberries are washed and dried. Otherwise if the strawberries are wet, the chocolate will not stick on them properly.
Alright, let's get started.
Pour your chocolate chips into a pot at medium temperature.
Gently stir it until chocolate is smooth.
Now add your 2 tbsp of shortening and blend with your chocolate.
Once your chocolate is nice and smooth, grab each strawberry and insert a toothpick into the top, right in the middle…
Gently dip each strawberry into your chocolate mixture, about 2/3 of the way in, while rotating them, so that you can see a bit of the top of the strawberries.
place them on a baking sheet.
Repeat this step until you have dipped all of your strawberries.
OK now… before you start eating them, they do need to cool down at room temperature for approximately 5 to 6 minutes and then in the fridge for 15 minutes or so.
Hummmm… yummy… now they are ready to savor and enjoy.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades