It doesn't have to be Easter to enjoy chocolate Easter eggs. You can make this simple chocolate recipe right at home, any time, any season, any holiday. So give your kids a special treat and learn this chocolate peanut butter eggs recipe.
Creamy textures of melted milk chocolate, butter and cream cheese give way to a wonderful spoonful of peanut butter in every bite. Wrap these cute little eggs in bright foil and let the hunt begin!
* ½ stick butter, softened
* 4 oz cream cheese, softened
* 1 lb confectioner's sugar
* ¾ cup peanut butter
* ¼ tsp salt
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 12 oz good quality milk chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate chips
* plastic molds
* brightly colored foil candy wrappers
* paintbrush (optional)
1. Mix the butter and cream cheese together in a large bowl until combined
2. Add the confectioner's sugar, one cup at a time and mix well
3. Add the peanut butter, salt, and vanilla and mix until well blended
4. Place the mixture in the refrigerator to firm up
5. While the peanut butter mixture is chilling, melt the chocolate in a double boiler
6. When the chocolate is ready, use a paintbrush to coat the insides of molds. Be careful to coat completely and avoid air bubbles. Set molds aside to dry
7. When the molds are ready, remove the peanut butter mixture from the fridge and spoon enough of the mixture into the molds to barely come to the top. Press the filling down with your fingers to remove air pockets. (Tip: If you don't have candy molds, you can form the peanut butter mixture into egg-shaped balls instead. After the eggs are formed, place them in the fridge for an hour to firm up and then dip them in chocolate)
8. Re-melt the chocolate if necessary. Spoon a small amount of chocolate on top of the peanut butter filling to seal the molds. When the chocolate has hardened, turn the molds upside-down and twist gently to release the candies
9. Wrap in foil candy wrappers
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.