This 2 part video will show you to make a classic Victoria sandwich sponge cake. Follow along as this sweet afternoon tea snack is put together. Fans of raspberry jam will be delighted to get a nice sweet filling. It's a lot easier than it looks! Just follow the recipe and the video!
For the cake:
125g (4oz) self-raising flour
125g (4oz) butter, softened
125g (4oz) caster sugar
2 medium eggs
For the filling:
4-6 tbsp raspberry jam
142ml carton double cream
Caster sugar, for dredging
2 x 18cm (7in) sandwich tins, buttered, base-lined and floured
Tip all the ingredients into a bowl and beat until smooth. Divide mixture between the sandwich tins and level the surfaces.
Bake the cakes in the centre of a preheated oven - 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4) for 20-25 minutes, or until the cakes have risen and are golden, and spring back when lightly pressed in the centre.
Remove the cakes from the oven and leave them to cool in the tins for 5-10 minutes, then turn them out on to a wire rack and leave them to cool completely.
Spread the jam over the base of one of the cakes. Lightly whip the double cream and spread it over the base of the other cake. Sandwich the two cakes together. Dredge with caster sugar before serving.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades