Gwen Schoen, Food Writer at the Sacramento Bee, shows us how to make Dark Caramel Fleur de sel Truffles.
Melt some bittersweet chocolate in a metal bowl over simmering water. To make the caramel filling, mix sugar and water together and boil for several minutes until the sugar is thoroughly dissolved and turns a golden brown color. Then pour in some heavy whipping cream, turn off the heat and stir until it becomes nice and creamy. Add this to the melted chocolate and refrigerate for about three hours.
When the filling is nice and firm, roll it into balls and roll them in unsweetened cocoa powder, and chill for several hours. Then dip them in melted semi-sweet chocolate and sprinkle with coarse ground sea salt. This is what makes them "fleur de sel" chocolate truffles. Chill them until they are firm, and they‚Äôre ready to serve or give away as gifts.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades