How to Make a delicious homemade cherry ice cream
Everyone craves ice cream every now and then, except for those lactose-intolerant folks (we feel sorry for them). But nothing in the grocery store freezers will compare to a delicious homemade ice cream, so try to make some yourself, and start with this cherry ice cream recipe.
Cherries are not only delicious but they're loaded with vitamin C and fiber. Their growing season is short, so you could freeze them once you've removed the pit. We love gadgets and think a cherry pitter is one of the coolest for that task. For a sensational ice cream, we suggest following Kristen and Dane's easy recipe for using these gems fresh. Garnish with whole cherries for a beautiful presentation.
* 2 cups of fresh cherries (any kind of cherries work sweet or tart & what's in season) + extra for garnish (optional)
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 cups whole milk
* 2 cups whipping cream (heavy cream)
* 1 tsp vanilla
* cherry pitter
* ice cream maker
1. Remove pits from cherries
2. Add ingredients to a blender and blend for about 1-2 minutes, until sugar is completely dissolved
3. Add to an ice cream maker (make sure to follow manufacturer's directions for use), and process 20-25 minutes
4. Once out of the ice cream maker, serve immediately for soft-serve consistency, garnished with fresh cherries, or place in a freezer-safe container and freeze for an additional 1-2 hours for firmer ice cream