Dessert crepes, a sweet French tradition, are delicate pancakes that can be enjoyed with many types of fillings after a meal – or even for breakfast. Watch this video to learn how to make dessert crepes.
You Will Need
* 2 c all-purpose flour
* 6 tbsp butter, melted, plus extra butter for cooking
* 1/4 c granulated sugar
* 3 large eggs
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 1/2 c whole milk
* 1/2 c powdered sugar
* A blender
* An 8-inch nonstick skillet
* A heat-proof spatula
* Fruit, jam, melted chocolate, or other filling of your choice
Step 1. Make the crepe batter
Blend the flour, butter, sugar, eggs, and salt in the blender until smooth. Slowly add ¼ cup of milk at a time until the batter turns into a liquid. You've added enough milk when the batter has a pourable consistency.
Step 2. Leave the batter to set
Leave the batter to set in the blender for 20 to 30 minutes. This allows the air bubbles to settle, which helps create a lighter, fluffier crepe!
Step 3. Heat the skillet
Drop 1 to 2 teaspoons of butter into the skillet and turn the heat up to a medium-high setting until the butter has melted. Lower the heat to a low-medium setting to prepare for the crepe making.
Step 4. Cook up the first crepe
Add 3 tablespoons of batter to the hot pan and lift the pan slightly off the heat to swirl the batter evenly around the bottom of the pan. Set back on the stove and let it cook for 45 to 60 seconds until it is very lightly browned.
Step 5. Flip the crepe
Gently slide the spatula under the crepe and turn it over in the pan. Let it cook for 45 to 60 seconds before transferring it to a serving plate.
Step 6. Make the rest of the crepes
Continue to butter, pour, cook, and flip until all of the crepe batter is used up. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the warm crepes before filling them with fruit, jam, or melted chocolate, or enjoy them as is!
FACT: Traditional French crepes were called
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades