Scott Cutaneo reveals how to make a flaky pie crust.
First, place 1 cup flour on center of marble (marble keeps ingredients cool). Add ½ teaspoon salt and fold in. Place 4 ounces of butter (pre-diced and frozen) into center of flour and cut in with fork. Keep the butter solid but no larger than a pea; resembling the texture of corn meal. Add 1/4 cup ice water in small amounts to dough. Knead dough together. Set dough aside and lightly coat marble surface with flour; flour rolling pin as well. Hit dough with rolling pin a few times. Then, begin to roll dough out, turning dough a quarter turn until you get 1/8 inch thickness. Try not to roll over the edge, which will fray the ends. Roll onto rolling pin and transfer to pie pan. Trim edges leaving a 2 inch overhang. Crimp edges to create a beautiful home made pie crust.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades