In order to prepare a Flaky Tender Pie Crust from scratch, you will need the following: a food processor, plastic wrap, 1 ¬O cups of all purpose flour, 2 T. sugar, 2 ¬O T. of solid shortening (frozen), 1 ¬º sticks of butter (frozen), water, salt, and a dash of salt.
Pour dry ingredients into food processor. Pulse a few times to mix. Add cold butter and shortening. Pulse ingredients to combine. Don‚Äôt over mix. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time. Try to add as little water as possible to form a dough.
Tear off a large piece of plastic wrap. Place the plastic wrap on the countertop. Empty the dough onto plastic wrap. Shape into a circle. Wrap and place it in the refrigerator to chill. Roll it out. Place in a pie tin and use it to make the pie of your choice. Decorate it the edges as you see fit.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades