Crème Brulée is a classic French dessert. Watch this video to learn how to make a delicious Crème Brulée.
Active Time: 30 min
Total Time: 4 hr
Serves: 4 to 6
Step 1: Making the Brulée
* 2 cup whipping cream (heavy cream)
* 1 whole vanilla bean
* 1 1/2 tsp. orange zest (or 2 tsp. orange liqueur)
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 6 whole egg yolks
Preheat oven to 325°F. In a medium pot heat cream over medium low. Slice vanilla bean, scrape out seeds and add to cream along with the orange zest. Whisk everything together, and let come to a slight boil. In a separate bowl mix the egg yolks and sugar together. Then slowly whisk a little bit of the hot cream into the egg mixture. Whisk constantly while slowly adding in the remaining cream. Strain the mixture and pour into ramekins. Place ramekins into baine marie. Bake for 22-26 minutes, depending on size of ramekins. Once done, let cool and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Step 2: Finishing the Brulée
* 6 tbsp. sugar
Once you are ready to serve, sprinkle top of custard with sugar and caramelize the top. The best way to do this is to use a torch. You can also use the broiler. Let the Crème Brulée cool for a minute before serving. Yum! Delicious Crème Brulée!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades