Thermal cooking saves energy costs and preparation time, so why not try out this delicious recipe using a thermal cooker? You'll learn how to make a fruit cake inside a thermal portable cooker, which could get you addicted. Give it a try, see if you're a thermal cooker.
1 1/2 cups mixed dried fruit
1 teaspoon Soda Bicarb
3/4 cup boiling water
1 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup of Self Raising Flour
1 cup of all purpose (plain) Flour
1 teaspoon of allspice or cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1. Grease a tin that fits the pot and line base with baking paper.
2. Sprinkle the soda bicarb over the fruit and pour on boiling water.
3. Add the butter and sugar and mix until it melts.
4. Add a well beaten egg.
5. Add in the flour and spice and lastly, the vanilla essence.
6. Spoon into the tin.
7. Cover with a sheet of baking paper and aluminum foil, make a pleat in the center to allow for expansion.
8. Place on a trivet in the inner pot and pour in enough hot water to come 2/3rd the way up the sides of the cake tin.
9. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 25 minutes.
10. Place the inner pot in the outer vacuum container, close the lid and leave for at least 2 hours. 4 is great.
It’s Black Friday week on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all of the big sales in the Gadget Hacks and Null Byte shops. And if you’ve been wanting to take some classes without going into debt, check out our best deals on online courses for a variety of skill sets. Don’t miss out on these huge discounts: