Thermal cooking saves energy costs and preparation time, so why not try out this delicious recipe using a thermal cooker? You'll learn how to make a fruit cake inside a thermal portable cooker, which could get you addicted. Give it a try, see if you're a thermal cooker.
1 1/2 cups mixed dried fruit
1 teaspoon Soda Bicarb
3/4 cup boiling water
1 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup of Self Raising Flour
1 cup of all purpose (plain) Flour
1 teaspoon of allspice or cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1. Grease a tin that fits the pot and line base with baking paper.
2. Sprinkle the soda bicarb over the fruit and pour on boiling water.
3. Add the butter and sugar and mix until it melts.
4. Add a well beaten egg.
5. Add in the flour and spice and lastly, the vanilla essence.
6. Spoon into the tin.
7. Cover with a sheet of baking paper and aluminum foil, make a pleat in the center to allow for expansion.
8. Place on a trivet in the inner pot and pour in enough hot water to come 2/3rd the way up the sides of the cake tin.
9. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 25 minutes.
10. Place the inner pot in the outer vacuum container, close the lid and leave for at least 2 hours. 4 is great.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades