Don't buy a carrot cake from the store—make a delicious one right in your own kitchen with your own two hands. A homemade carrot cake is always more appreciated and enjoyable than a store-bought one. So try this recipe out!
This gorgeous carrot cake boasts three layers. The various textures of shredded carrots, chopped pineapple, and velvety cream cheese frosting combine to make every bite memorable. And wait until you see how it's decorated. A winning technique from Clare Garland of Ashmont Grill.
Serves 12-16. This batter is great for cupcakes too!
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1½ cups canola oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple + extra for garnishing cake
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut for garnish
- 6 oz unsalted butter, softened slightly
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ pounds confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Grease three 9" cake pans lined with parchment paper
- Add eggs and brown sugar to mixer. Mix until brown sugar and eggs come together
- Slowly add canola oil in while mixer is going
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. Add to mixer and blend
- Add carrots, raisins, coconut and pineapple to mixer and blend
- Divide dough into the three baking pans
- Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from pans
- Cream the butter until smooth in a stand mixer. Scrape bowl well
- Add the cream cheese and combine until smooth. Scrape bowl well again
- Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth and light
- Frost the cake with the Cream Cheese Frosting
- Garnish cake with coconut and pineapple
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.