Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa demonstrates how to make a lemon cake made with yogurt. She starts by sifting the fry ingredients together into a bowl. They include 1 1/12 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. She next takes 1 cup of whole milk yogurt and places it into another bowl and adds in 1 cup of sugar. Then she adds in three extra large eggs and half a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Next, she adds in 2 teaspoons of lemon zest. She whisks the wet ingredients together and then slowly adds in the dry ingredients and beats till thoroughly mixed. Next she adds 1/2 cup vegetable oil and stirs that in. After that, Ina pours the batter into a greased and floured loaf pan and places the cake into the oven for 50 minutes. While the cake is baking, she makes a lemon glaze using 1/2 cup lemon juice and 1/2 cup of sugar which she combines in a sauce pan and brings to a boil. As the cake cools, she pours over the warm syrup to soak into the cake. She serves this delicious cake with a blueberry sauce.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades