Doc Willoughby, Executive Editor of Gourmet Magazine, shares the recipe for this delicious pudding cake, so called because it separates into a pudding layer and a cake layer as it bakes.
To make the cake, whisk together the flour, sugar and salt. In another bowl whisk together the milk, egg yolks, lemon zest and lemon juice. Then mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined. Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, then fold them into the batter. Pour the batter into a buttered pan and bake about 45 minutes until golden on top. This cake is ready to eat and delicious just the way it is, cake and pudding at the same time.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades