This video shows you how to make marzipan roses and rose buds when cake decorating. Cut disks with cutters. You need two sizes, small and large. Cut 5 of each and roll a ball of marzipan. Make this into a cone. Flatten out the disks to make them thin. Wrap these petals one by one around the cone. Squeeze the bottom and bend the petal edges out. If your fingers stick then rub them in a little corn starch or cornflour. Always use an odd number of petals. Pinch the flower head off the base and make it bulbous in shape. Cut three green leaves per rose. Press a knife along the centre to make a vein and cut serrated edges. You can place the finished roses in an egg carton to dry. Rosebuds are made in the same way, but you will only need three petals. Let the leaves hug the rosebud a little more closely. You can add color mist spray if you want to make a two tone rose.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades