In order to prepare Rhea‚Äôs Cherry Pie, you will need the following ingredients: 1 ¬O cups of flour, 1 tsp of salt, ¬O vegetable shortening (chilled), water, 3 tsp of sugar, pitted cherries, 1 T. butter, and ¬O cup of half and half.
To make the crust, combine 1¬O cups of flour and 1 tsp of salt in a bowl. Stir. Next, add ¬O of a cup of vegetable shortening and butter. Blend together with a pastry blender, until it is in small crumbs. Add half and half. Mix well. Separate it into 2 equal balls. Roll it out on a floured surface with a rolling pin. Place the bottom crust in a pie tin. Sprinkle a little sugar and a little flour on the piecrust.
Add ¬O cup of sugar to sour cherries. Add a dash more sugar, flour, and butter. Set it aside. Roll out the other half of the dough. Wet the edges of the bottom piecrust with water. Place it on top of the pie. Pinch the edges of the crusts together. Dust the top of the crust with sugar. Cut slits in the crust. Place in a preheated 425 degrees oven for 20 minutes. Turn down the heat to 350 degrees. Bake for another 20-30 minutes. Remove it from the oven, when it is bubbly and golden brown. Cool and serve.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades