Before you start this recipe, make sure you have the proper pan: You'll need a 9- or 10-inch cake pan with sides that are at least 2 inches tall. (Most standard 9-inch cake pans have 1-inch sides, which will leave you with overflowing batter.) If you strike out in the cake pan department, an ovenproof skillet with similar dimensions will work. This cake is so fabulous, I would strongly consider buying a 9 by 2-inch cake pan especially for this recipe. It's surprisingly easy to make, and as a finale for a holiday dinner party it is as dramatic as it is delectable. Best warm from the oven, it will still taste good at room temperature. It retains its peak flavor and texture throughout the day it's made.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades