How to Make Pumpkin Pecan Pie with Hubert Keller
Perfect the making of Pecan Pie with this recipe. With both pecans and pumpkins, it's two holiday favorites in one that every Thanksgiving dinner table will certainly welcome. But then again, that's not to say it can't be enjoyed any day of the year!
- 1 single crust recipe for Basic Flaky Pastry Dough
- 1-1/3 cups solid packed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2/3 cup dark corn syrup
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups pecan halves, divided
- Prepare Basic Flaky Pastry Dough and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes. Smooth out dough onto a 13-inch round surface dusted lightly with flour and then arrange in 9-inch pie plate. Lightly cover edges of pie crust with water and fold and crimp together. Refrigerate while making the filling and be sure to preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Using metal "s" blade in food processor, blend together pumpkin, corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, heavy cream, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and salt for 20 seconds. Then scrape the bowl.
- Next add in 1 cup of pecan halves and pulse to chop (about 5 pulses). Pour entire mixture into pie crust and use the rest of the pecans decoratively as garnish on top.
- Bake pie in oven at 400°F for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F, baking it for another 35 to 40 minutes. The center of the pie should be set. Refrigerate, but be sure to remove 30-60 minutes before serving.