This is a video tutorial in the Food category where you are going to learn how to make rock candy in your spare time. For this you will need 4 cups sugar, 2 cups water, small saucepan, wooden spoon, candy thermometer, glass jar, measuring cup, cotton string, a weight to hang on the string, waxed paper and a pencil. Boil water in the saucepan and dissolve the sugar in it. Pour the solution in to the jar. Tie the weight to one end of the string and tie the other end to the middle of the pencil. The string should be about two-thirds as long as the jar is deep. Dip the string into the sugar solution, remove it, lay it on waxed paper and let it dry for a few days. Gently suspend the prepared string in the solution and let sit for several days. You can check each day to see how much your crystals have grown. Don't touch the jar until the experiment is finished. It usually takes about seven days.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades