Looking for a fancy dessert for tonight? Then try this recipe, it is a specialty from the Cognac region in southwest France. This Souffle a la Cognac is sure to be a hit.
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp flour
1 cup milk
Pinch of coarse sea salt
1 small glass cognac
Separate the egg whites from the yolks and put to one side in a very clean mixing bowl.
Whisk the yolks and sugar until they foam. Fold in the flour.
Heat the milk until almost boiling. Gradually add to the mixture, stirring all the time so that the eggs do not curdle.
Return the mixture to the pan and boil until thick, stirring constantly.
Cool and leave to stand in the refrigerator.
Beat the whites with the salt until stiff.
Take the mixture from the refrigerator and stir in the cognac until smooth.
Fold in the egg whites and pour into 200 - 300 ml. ramekins dusted with castor sugar. Wipe any excess mixture from the rims.
Bake in a preheated 200C / 400F oven for 20 to 30 minutes until well-risen and firm.
Put the ramekins on small plates, pour over cognac and flambé.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades