This is a basic tutorial about how to make traditional Cuban Flan. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Put the sugar into a small sauce pot and place it on the stove over medium heat. Keep turning the pot from one side to the next until the sugar has melted completely. Once the sugar has melted completely, pour the liquid into the 2.5 quart metal mixing bowl. Tip the bowl back and forth so the melted sugar spreads evenly over the bottom and sides of the bowl. Set it aside. In a heavy pot over low heat whisk together all the remaining ingredients (milk, eggs, vanilla, salt). Pour the liquid into your bowl. Place the bowl in a large pan and pour enough hot water into the larger pan to come halfway up the sides of the bowl. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil so the water won't get into it. Cook for about 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the flan comes out clean. Remove the bowl from the pan and allow it to cool for about 30-40 minutes. Once it has cooled, flip it over unto a serving tray or dish. Cover it again with foil and place it in the refrigerator until it has chilled completely.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades