Expand your cheesecake horizons by making white chocolate cheesecake the next time your in the mood for a rich and decadent dessert! In this video, learn from Sue McMahon, cookery editor at Woman's Weekly magazine, how to make a delicious white chocolate cheesecake. This cheesecake takes a total time of four hours and thirty minutes to make and you will need the following ingredients:
For the base:
* 150g (5oz) plain chocolate digestive biscuits
* 60g (2oz) unsalted butter, softened
For the topping:
* 150-250g punnet raspberries
* 2 level teaspoons gelatine
* 300g carton cream cheese
* 200ml carton crème fraiche
* 60g (2oz) caster sugar
* 200g bar white chocolate, melted
* Cocoa, for dusting
* Mint leaves, to serve
* 20cm (8in) loose-bottomed cake tin, lined with baking parchment
1. To make the base, crush the biscuits finely, either in a plastic bag with a rolling pin, or whizzing them in the bowl of a food processor. Stir the butter into the crumbs and then press the mixture firmly into the base of the cake tin and chill to set.
2. To make the filling, arrange the raspberries over the biscuit base.
3. Sprinkle the gelatine over 2 tablespoons water, leave it to sponge for a few minutes and then melt it, either in a microwave oven or over a pan of hot water.
4. Whisk together the cream cheese, crème fraiche and caster sugar. Fold in the white chocolate and pour the mixture over the base.
5. Chill the cheesecake for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Remove the cheesecake from the tin and remove the lining paper. Dust some cocoa powder over the top and decorate with sprigs of mint.
It’s Black Friday week on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all of the big sales in the Gadget Hacks and Null Byte shops. And if you’ve been wanting to take some classes without going into debt, check out our best deals on online courses for a variety of skill sets. Don’t miss out on these huge discounts: