Making a simple Mediterranean syrup. This syrup is made with sugar, water, lemon juice, orange blossom water and rose water. You need 2 cups of sugar to one cup of water. You also need a large pot, because the syrup splatters. You use a half of a lemon, be sure to remove the seeds. Put on medium to high heat, let the sugar, water and lemon juice simmer for about ten minutes, the mixture will become very clear. Then you add 1 tablespoon of orange blossom water and 1 tablespoon rose water, two flavors that are distinctive of Mediterranean cooking. The mixture will become thick from letting it boil. After cooled, the syrup will be a pale yellow color, with a very thick consistency. You can use this for almost every Mediterranean desert. It can also be stored very well, put it in a tight jar or the refrigerator. The syrup will last for about two months refrigerated.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades