Making a batch of candy this holiday season? To make a successful batch of candy, you need the precise temperature, consistency, and timing during the cooking process. Watch this video to learn how to use a candy thermometer.
You Will Need:
• A candy thermometer that reaches 400 degrees Farenheit
• A pan
• A candy recipe
• Candy supplies
Step 1: Check for accuracy
Check the thermometer for accuracy by clipping it to a pan filled with water. After the water has boiled for 10 minutes, the thermometer should read 212 degrees.
Step 2: Follow candy recipe
Follow a candy recipe as directed. Mix ingredients to a boil.
Step 3: Clip on thermometer
Clip the thermometer to the side of the pan. The thermometer bulb should not touch the bottom of the pan.
Step 4: Cook to desired temperature
Read the thermometer at eye level and cook the candy to the desired temperature.
Step 5: Remove from stove
Remove the pan from the stove when it reaches the desired temperature. Continue with the candy recipe. Carefully remove the thermometer and let it cool before washing.
Trivia: White chocolate has no caffeine, but has the highest fat and sugar content of all chocolate.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades