Amy Sedaris is one multi-talented lady.
Nude-frosting-sprinkle model. Star and co-creator of beloved cult classic Strangers With Candy (see her in character as Jerri Blank below), sister of famed author David Sedaris, and best of all: talented baker.
Sedaris runs a small cupcake and cheeseball business called Dusty Food Cupcakes out of her kitchen in NYC, and has generously shared her home recipe for cupcakes.
- 1 ½ sticks of unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ cups of sugar
Beat well, then add:
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Teaspoons of pure vanilla
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- 1 ¼ cups of milk
Beat well, fill cups, and bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes. You should get 24. I get 18, 'cause I'm doing something wrong.
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 box of Domino confectionary sugar
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla
Whip for a while, color if you want.
Pick up Sedaris' book here.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades