Pumpkin pie is one of my favorite desserts and of great mystery to me. I've made it with fresh pumpkin and homemade crust. I've made it with canned pumpkin and frozen crust. They came out nearly identical. Yet I've had fluffy, perfect to-die-for pumpkin pie at Los Angeles' widely popular Urth Cafe (which I haven't been able to replicate at home). What's the secret recipe to truly out of the box pumpkin pie?
Maybe Instructables founder Eric J. Wilhelm has the answer. His recently posted pumpkin pie recipe is a twisted take on classic Cooks Illustrated recipes, calling for unusual ingredients such as vodka, candied yams, maple syrup and apple cider.
I'm eager to try! Does anyone out there have THE perfect recipe for pumpkin pie? Share below.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades