Know the saying, "The inmates are running the asylum"? Well, if the inmates actually were running the asylum, we imagine the asylum might look something like this!
Inhabitat writes, "On the outside, it's an unassuming, wood paneled, shed-like box. On the inside, it's a room straight out of Willy Wonka with walls covered in hot pink cotton candy, free for the eating. New York-based artist Jennifer Rubell created the piece of edible art, "Padded Cell," for Performa Arts' Red Party back in November. The freestanding 8-by-16 foot room is constructed from basic building materials with a single door. Inside, the walls and ceiling are padded with 1,600 cones of cotton candy, illuminated by a single light bulb."
"Rubell describes it as 'an all-American funhouse that is at the same time confining, threatening, claustrophobic. It is an object that addresses the dark side of pleasure, the price of pleasure, the possibility that pleasure is its own punishment.'"
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades