What could possibly make Halloween candy even better? Cakespy suggests deep frying it, Paula Deen style. First, gather your (already) fattening, deliciously classic Halloween treats: candy corn, mellowcreme pumpkins, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Twix, Kit-Kats, Whoppers. Second, roll 'em in batter, and third, drop your batch right into a vat of hot, sizzling oil.
- 1 large, flat-bottomed saucepan
- 1 slotted spoon
- 1 candy thermometer
- 18-24 miniature candy bars or Halloween candies
- 8 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Click through to Serious Eats for full instructions.