HowTo: Give Your Trick-Or-Treaters a Heart Attack With Deep Fried Treats
What could possibly make Halloween candy even better? Cakespy suggests deep frying it, Paula Deen style. First, gather your (already) fattening, deliciously classic Halloween treats: candy corn, mellowcreme pumpkins, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Twix, Kit-Kats, Whoppers. Second, roll 'em in batter, and third, drop your batch right into a vat of hot, sizzling oil.
- 1 large, flat-bottomed saucepan
- 1 slotted spoon
- 1 candy thermometer
- 18-24 miniature candy bars or Halloween candies
- 8 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Click through to Serious Eats for full instructions.