What could possibly make Halloween candy even better? Cakespy suggests deep frying it, Paula Deen style. First, gather your (already) fattening, deliciously classic Halloween treats: candy corn, mellowcreme pumpkins, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Twix, Kit-Kats, Whoppers. Second, roll 'em in batter, and third, drop your batch right into a vat of hot, sizzling oil.
- 1 large, flat-bottomed saucepan
- 1 slotted spoon
- 1 candy thermometer
- 18-24 miniature candy bars or Halloween candies
- 8 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Click through to Serious Eats for full instructions.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades