Ok, so these aren't exactly "donuts" in the traditional sense. They are beer-battered, deep-fried donut peaches. And my God, they look so insanely delicious! Get the story behind this genius idea at Lunch at Sixpoint. Recipe below.
- 6 donut peaches, carefully pitted without cutting the rest of the fruit
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- about 4 cups canola oil (or enough to submerge)
Bring oil to about 375 degrees. It should be slightly sizzling. Whisk together the egg, flour, beer, salt and sugar. Dunk the pitted donuts into the batter to coat completely.
Test if oil is hot enough to deep-frying by dropping a dollop of batter in first. If it sizzles up and turns golden brown within a couple seconds, it's ready. Shake a little batter off each peach and deep-fry in batches of two or three at a time. (You'll want to keep the oil consistently hot, and adding more peaches will lower its temperature.) Once golden brown, after approximately 5-10 seconds, transfer to paper towels to drain. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream optional.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades