Arepas, traditional savory cornmeal cakes from Venezuela, are similar to Mexican tortillas and can be stuffed with anything from ground corn to cheese and fish. They are generally more savory than sweet, and their pancake-like dough is much thicker than that of tortillas.
Watch this episode of The Minimalist with Mark Bittman to learn how to make mini cornmeal arepas covered with black beans and a dollop of sour cream. Serve these in place of traditional hors d'ouerves at your next party.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades