This Halloween, serve up a treat to your friends and children with these spooky ghost-shaped meringues. If you love meringue desserts, this will be quite the Halloween treat, with their adorable anise eyes.
You don't need to be an expert to create these spooky guys, so don't stress over using a piping bag - perfection is not the goal. Have fun and enjoy the varying shapes that result. For extra flavor, add a touch of vanilla or, for grown-ups, a bit of anise-flavored absinthe, anisette or Herbsaint liqueur.
Makes 30-36 Ghosts
* 3 egg whites, room temperature
* pinch of salt
* ¼ cup powdered sugar
* ½ cup granulated sugar
* anise seeds for ghost "eyes"
* ½ tsp absinthe liqueur (for grown-ups only) or vanilla extract
* stand mixer with whisk attachment
* parchment paper or silicone baking mat
* baking sheet
* pastry bag (or zip-lock freezer bag)
* baking tweezers
Start your career in Graphic Design with the WonderHowTo's Beginners’s Guide to Photoshop Course