Watch this three part video sequence to learn how to make kok zai, or deep fried peanut puff. The first video goes shows you how to prepare the recipe below. The second part of the video sequence shows you how to shape the dough for the wrapper. Finally the third video goes over setting up the oil for deep frying this tasty treats.
Ingredients for the nut filling:
150g nuts (peanuts and almonds)
50g caster sugar
Toast nuts for 10 to 13 minutes in a preheated oven (180 degrees Celsius) till light golden brown. Allow to cool. Grind and mix with sugar.
Outer wrap ingrdients:
280g Hong Kong flour or cake flour
8 tbsp peanut oil
4 tbsp water
Mix flour and oil. Add water gradually. Knead till smooth. Roll thinly and cut out round shapes. Wet edges and put filling. Pinch and shape.
Fry in 180 degrees Celsius peanut oil for 8 to 9 minutes till golden brown.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades