Heat the broiler and arrange the rack so it's about 6 inches from the heat.
Peel the pineapple, cut it into rounds about 1/2 inch thick, and use a paring knife to cut out the core.
Butter a small baking sheet lightly.
Pat the pineapple slices dry and arrange them on the baking sheet in one layer.
Crumble the brown sugar so it lightly covers the pineapple slices. You can also place the sugar in a mesh strainer and press it through the strainer so it dusts the fruit.
Place the tray under the broiler and cook until the brown sugar melts and caramelizes, about 2 to 5 minutes. Watch it carefully.
Remove it before the sugar burns.
Serve the fruit while still hot.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades